Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Internet Safety

1. What article did you choose to read for your fourth article?
I chose to read: "Tangled in the Web"

2. What were the most important things you learned from the readings?
Elder Ballard’s words really shook me. I have seen the negative impact the media has had on society, however I did not realize that it was my responsibility to do something about it. Not only am I supposed to avoid those negative influences, but I am to speak out. Elder Ballard said, "The time has come when members of the Church need to speak out and join with the many other concerned people in opposition to the offensive, destructive, and mean-spirited media influence that is sweeping over the earth."

3. How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth?
I want to be prepared to make a stand against all that is offensive, destructive and mean-spirited. I intend to inform my future students and children of the dangers of the internet and media. I also wish to instruct them in good ways to use these resources. Rules and guidelines will be set that I and my children must follow in regards to media and the internet.

4. How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?
I can help others realize the importance internet safety is. I will help make sure that my family and friends are all aware of the possible dangers and the ways to prevent problems from arising.

No comments:

Post a Comment